[CentOS] LDAP Server Access Problem

Paul R. Ganci ganci at nurdog.com
Sun Feb 28 17:10:17 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 17:24 -0700, Craig White wrote:

> doing a new setup using methodologies that have already been tagged as
> deprecated seems to be a really bad idea. Even though it currently
> works, you can be certain that at some point down the road, it will
> cease to work... that is what deprecated means.

My LDAP server has been running for several years now and was initially
setup to use ldaps. Only recently I wanted to use it for remote
authentication which is how I ended up going down this path. It doesn't
take that much effort to fix the LDAP server to use TLS which I will do
as soon as I can get to it.
--
Paul (ganci at nurdog.com)