[CentOS] CentOS as an internet kiosk : how to create a "fresh" user upon leaving GNOME ?

Mon Feb 1 15:24:34 UTC 2010
Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net>

Hi,

I'm currently busy setting up a machine for use as an internet kiosk.
Here's what I aim to do.

- There's only one user on the system, 'invite'. One (very simple)
password. The machine is to be used publicly and freely.

- To ensure some privacy, there's one detail though. The best thing
would be that upon disconnection from the GNOME session, the user
'invite' gets wiped from the system (userdel -r) and then created anew,
with his password already set. This I can do.

- The tricky part is to do this upon disconnect. There's a function in
System > Preferences > Session, where I can choose programs to run upon
GNOME startup... but there's nothing similar for the disconnection.

- Writing a script disconnect.sh and then creating a desktop shortcut
for it would be to no avail, since 'userdel' and 'useradd' can only be
called as root.

Any idea how I could do this ? The idea is that every new user begins
with a clean slate.

Cheers,

Niki