[CentOS] Limiting bandwidth

Sat Feb 20 07:28:14 UTC 2010
Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>

Greetings,

Scenario:
Centos box with eth1 (10.0.0.0/24) and eth0 (192.168.0.0/24)
segment on eth0 has access to full bandwidth of uplink
Both are on 100mbps switches

Requirements:
bandwith on segment on eth1 needs to be throttled to different speeds - say
32, 64, 128kbps and the such. Required for application performance testing
purposes.

As usual my girlfriend google is very verbose. (Sometimes I feel there
should be utility like googlegrep or something :\ ) I am going through the
excellent documentation from:

http://linux-ip.net/articles/Traffic-Control-HOWTO
LARTC.org

Its all a bit too much for me to handle at this point in time and I am a bit
pressed for time.

Yes, havent worked much on tc / iproute2. In fact not much knowledge in
networks in general.

Any help appreciated.

TIA

Regards,