[CentOS] Virtualization - what do You recommend?

Tue Feb 2 16:08:21 UTC 2010
Max Hetrick <maxhetrick at verizon.net>

Jake Shipton wrote:

> Hi, Personally, I'd recommend VMware Workstation. Always been good for
> me, however lately I have been trying out Virtualbox (PUEL) :-). They
> have an Open Source Edition also (Virtualbox), only it lacks USB
> Support. If you go on there website, you can see the 3 missing features.
>
> Tried KVM, but it didn't like my box not having AMD-V.
>
> I think the best way to determine what's best for you, would be to try
> them all, and see which you prefer :-)

Agreed. Try them out and then determine what you like. My preference is
VirtualBox for personal use, VMware Workstation for work use, and then
all our enterprise work stuff runs on either VMware ESX for business
critical installs, and ESXi for non-critical installs.

There is a work around for USB support on Linux for VirtualBox, where
VMware works a bit better with USB.

They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Regards,
Max