[CentOS] Virtualization - what do You recommend?

Tue Feb 2 17:05:33 UTC 2010
Max Hetrick <maxhetrick at verizon.net>

Bobby wrote:

> Interesting. Would you mind sharing what files that is as I've never
> encountered it but would like to know more if/when I do? What version (of VB)
> are you using?

I'm running the latest version: 3.1.2 build 56127.

I had to perform these steps to get USB to work on a Linux or Windows host.

Get your vboxusers group ID
# cat /etc/group | vboxusers

Remount the USBFS with your vboxusers GID from the above step
# mount -t usbfs -o remount,devgid=GID,devmode=664 /proc/bus/usb
/proc/bus/usb

Change the permissions on /dev/vboxdrv
# chmod g+rw /dev/vboxdrv

Restart the vboxdrv service
# service vboxdrv restart

I can't remember if I had to add the device in VirtualBox under the USB
menu or not, I'm thinking not.

Regards,
Max