[CentOS] monitoring a workstation

Wed Feb 3 08:09:54 UTC 2010
Christoph Maser <cmr at financial.com>

Am Montag, den 01.02.2010, 14:14 +0100 schrieb Eero Volotinen:
> 2010/2/1 MOKRANI Rachid <Rachid.MOKRANI at ifp.fr>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to monitor a workstation (Centos 5 x86_64).
> >
> > I need to obtain informations about :
> >
> > - cpu utilization per user, per a period, how many days per user,
> >
> > Any ideas about a good and simple free tool ?
> >

> Install smpd on workstation and then use any snmp supported tool like nagios ...

Nagios does not do snmp at all (some plugins do), also metrics (aka
performance data) is just the weakest spot in nagios. To get cpu
utilization per user you propably need psacct.

Chris

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach