[CentOS] atime, relatime query

Wed Feb 3 12:52:38 UTC 2010
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 4:38 AM, James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com> wrote:

> RHEL doesn't have a reltime enabled kernel so centos doesn't either by
> default. I believe that there is a kernel in plus that is reltime
> enabled but due to potentially breaking ABI compatibility with RHEL I
> don't make use of it.

As you can see in my earlier note (and the referenced bug tracker)
that was posted almost at the same time as yours, when I attempted to
add a relatime patch to the centosplus kernel, it did break the kABI.
Therefore it was not applied (there was a workaround however).

At any rate, the point I wanted to make is that the centosplus kernel
must remain (and has been) kABI-compatible with the distro/RHEL
kernel.

Akemi