[CentOS] Virtualization - what do You recommend?

Wed Feb 3 21:58:23 UTC 2010
Kwan Lowe <kwan.lowe at gmail.com>

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Max Hetrick <maxhetrick at verizon.net> wrote:
> a arias wrote:
>> Over the last year I have worked with Xen, KVM, VMware ESX and Sun
>> VirtualBox. VirtualBox is my recommendation, hands down.
>
> I think this is too vague of a opinion on virtualization use. I think it
> depends on what you're doing with it.
>
> VirtualBox is a nice piece of software for desktop/power user use,
> however, ESXi and ESX are geared more towards enterprise and business
> critical use.
>
> So, it kind of depends on what you're going to be doing with it.

I took another peek at the current VirtualBox to see how the project
is going. It looks like they've improved the network configuration
quite a bit so not-so-standard configurations are easier. When I'd
last used VirtualBox it took a couple days to get bridged networking
to a bond0 device working.   However, it looks like the CPU usage
issue still exists. The new one does have an internal networking which
is something I've wanted since using a similar technology with AIX.
On AIX it makes guest to guest transfers operate at incredible
throughput.