[CentOS] Display a warning message at a certain time ?

Thu Feb 4 15:42:13 UTC 2010

> Geoff Galitz a écrit :
>
>> Any errors from a cron run go to your root mailbox (or whatever user's
>> crontab it is, when applicable).  Check your root mailbox for an error,
>> I'm assuming the PATH to zenity is not set correctly.  That is the usual
>> culprit in a case like this.
>>
> No mail for root.
>
> I googled quite some more, and I still have no clue for this. Here's
> what I have so far :
>
> # crontab -l
> 53 16 * * * export DISPLAY=":0.0" && /usr/bin/zenity --info --text "Test"
>
> (yes, all on one line, the wrapping only comes from my mail client)
>
> Still not working. Which leaves me clueless.

I assume you've checked /var/log/cron, to make sure it ran.

On further thought, here's a nasty one: on that line, echo $PATH. I wonder
if you need all the X paths, and maybe LD_LIBRARY_PATH set, for zenity to
run.

        mark