[CentOS] sendmail mail relay backscatter issue.

Thu Feb 4 17:47:55 UTC 2010
Simon Billis <simon at houxou.com>

Hi,

> Simon Billis wrote on Thu, 4 Feb 2010 13:28:04 -0000:
>
> > I am attempting to stop any
> > backscatter that these servers cause by only accepting mail for
> specific
> > users at domain or for domains with a catch-all account.
>
> I believe milter-ahead or smf-sav can be used for this.
>
> Kai

Indeed as can Scam-backscatter, but I'm attempting to not load the backend
mailserver with connections if at all possible, due to the number of emails
that are received on the antispam machines... (I know that they cache the
results of the lookups, but spammers like to send to dictionaries ;-) )

Thanks for the suggestion though :-)

Simon.