[CentOS] best parallel / cluster SSH

Fri Feb 5 18:27:58 UTC 2010
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 2/5/2010 11:30 AM, Alan McKay wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Les Mikesell<lesmikesell at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Python just seems like something that should be avoided in system
>> management tools.  Remember having to do special case things like having
>> to 'yum update python\* yum\*' sometimes to keep the rest of an update
>> from breaking?
>
> Yes, I feel the same way about perl!

How so?  In decades of using perl, I've only seen one case where even
major version revs did not maintain complete backwards compatibility in
the core language, that being when @ in double-quoted strings started to
be interpolated.  But yes, if I were to expect perl to control my
machines, I'd provision a separate instance of it for that purpose so
system updates can't be suicidal.  Sort of like using static libs in C
programs that need to always work.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com