[CentOS] busybox for centos

Mon Feb 8 21:25:15 UTC 2010
Kwan Lowe <kwan.lowe at gmail.com>

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 3:16 AM, <premrajm at digilink.in> wrote:

> I am trying to build busybox for the centos-5.3,but facing issues in
> installing the busybox executable into the centos
> filesystem. Is it possible to build a busybox for a server platform (x86)
> with centos.

Yes, it is possible to build busybox for CentOS x86. In fact, it's in the
base repository. The easiest thing to do is grab the source RPM then
rebuild.

Keep in mind that busybox creates symlinks to the main executable and its
behaviour changes based on how it was called. Your installation needs to
keep this in mind if it's overwriting full blown versions of the tools. For
example, busybox has a limited awk that may conflict with the gawk package.