[CentOS] Anyone using Active Driectory auth with Centos 5.4.....?

Tue Feb 9 16:57:20 UTC 2010
Pat and Lori Boyer <pboyer at gmail.com>

I've had decent luck with LDAP authentication for Apache. AD does not
support anonymous LDAP searches so you have to have a user account that has
the ability to search AD. Here's a modified sample config (.htaccess or
httpd.conf) that includes security group membership checks. This would
require that a user login with their Windows domain username and password
and that the user be a member of the AD security group 'managers':

AuthType              basic
AuthName              "Windows Domain Credentials - Managers Only"
AuthzLDAPMethod       ldap
AuthzLDAPServer       "dc1.example.com"
AuthzLDAPBindDN       "CN=username,CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com"
AuthzLDAPBindPassword "superSecretPassword"
AuthzLDAPUserBase     "CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com"
AuthzLDAPUserKey      sAMAccountName
AuthzLDAPUserScope    subtree
AuthzLDAPGroupBase    "CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com"
AuthzLDAPGroupKey     cn
AuthzLDAPGroupScope   subtree
AuthzLDAPMemberKey    member
AuthzLDAPSetGroupAuth ldapdn