[CentOS] Anyone using Active Driectory auth with Centos 5.4.....?

Tue Feb 9 21:21:09 UTC 2010
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Tue, 2010-02-09 at 18:08 +0000, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> >This looks like the way to go, I don't like the username /pass stored in plain text but maybe if I create a special group that doesn't really have any privileges this would work, geez AD is just plain bad...lol, Thanks.
>
> I guess you think insecure would be better? If I understand your need, you want
> to make AD insecure, so please enable anonymous binds so you don't need a user/pass
> to make the query:)
>
> Or program your own auth backend that binds with the intended creds asking for auth:)
> Oh, and do this w/o tls/ssl because you want it insecure:)
----
seems to me that permitting an anonymous bind to LDAP is inherently more
secure than requiring a user/password combination so I don't think that
your explanation is exactly true. In Microsoft's view, the only systems
querying LDAP would be systems automatically passing the authentication.

Craig

believed to be clean.