[CentOS] what causes CUPS to dis-enable a printer?

Wed Feb 10 19:29:04 UTC 2010
Dave <tdbtdb+centos at gmail.com>

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 6:37 PM, Paul Johnson <pauljohn32 at gmail.com> wrote:

> After I manually (use lprm) remove the print jobs, and set the printer
> to Enabled, then the print queue will start working again.

Me too, but even stranger, I do not remove the print jobs and they print
fine as soon as I enable the printer again. This is usually after a power
outage or some temporary problem with the main print server. For some reason
client cups instances get offended by the server and disable the printer.
Then after I fix the real problem, I have to go around re-enabling printers
on all the clients.

Would it (should it) eventually notice that the server is back and re-enable
itself just as automatically as it disabled itself?

Dave

--
Q: Why should this email be 5 sentences or less?