[CentOS] HP Proliant ML150 : how do I access disks ?

Wed Feb 17 18:37:02 UTC 2010
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

Nickolay Bunev wrote:
> I don't know about ML's but with DL series CentOS don't have any
> problems at all and with seeing disks in particular.

well, that really depends on what specific server it is, more
importantly, which specific SmartArray card or embedded RAID controller
it has.

the only difference between ML and DL is tower vs rack chassis, each
series has a wide range of models, many of which are identical except
form factor..

there's much more difference between, say, a DL160 and a DL585 and even
between a DL380 g2, and a DL380 g6 (or whatever they are up to now)