[CentOS] unattended fsck on reboot

Thu Feb 18 19:16:02 UTC 2010
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> It was dumping large amounts of data into his home directory... which was
> NFS mounted from the server I needed to reboot.

That's why I like HA clusters, our NFS cluster runs on top of
CentOS, and if we needed to reboot a node it would have minimal
impact, the other system takes over the IPs and MAC addresses.

To-date the only time we've rebooted the NFS systems have been
software updates(3 of them in the past year or so).

At my previous company I was planning on trying to "roll my own"
nfs cluster on RHEL but never got round to it before I left
the company

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/doc/nfscookbook.pdf

nate