[CentOS] CentOS and Bash History

Fri Feb 19 20:30:32 UTC 2010

> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 7:30 AM, Robert Spangler
> <mlists at zoominternet.net> wrote:
>> I was wondering if bash or inputrc has changed form CentOS v4 to CentOS
>> v5?
>
> I've noticed some similar but not identical oddness. My most annoying
> symptom is if I copy a command from somewhere and paste it into my
> terminal window, it executes fine, but if I then hit up arrow to
> repeat/edit it, I get the command previous to the pasted command, as
> if the pasted command never happened. I assume some of my old bash
> tweaks have gone stale, haven't had enough patience to track it down
> yet.

I haven't seen that in CentOS 5.

On the other hand, the ->bug<- that drives me crazy in X is when I'm
writing something, like an email in t-bird, and the cursor shows at the
left of the window, but is actually somewhere else on the line, and even
locating the cursor using the mouse doesn't change this.... And yes, it's
*very* repeatable.

          mark