[CentOS] eSATA drive enclosure of a full PC?

Mon Feb 22 13:25:47 UTC 2010
Michael Schumacher <michael.schumacher at pamas.de>

John,

On Sunday, February 21, 2010 you wrote:

> a bunch of vendors sell 5-in-3 sata hotswap adapters that hold 5 SATA
> drives in 3 HH external bays of a jumbo tower chassis.  they seem to run
> about $100.  each drive bay has its own sata port on the back of these.

> example of one of these,
> http://www.amazon.com/SUPERMICRO-Hot-Swap-Mobile-System-Cabinet/dp/B00009ILU0

You may consider using this part:

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=2814

The disadvantage is that you have no quick-swap-possibility, but the
cooling is better as in hot-swap cases. The box has nice vibe-stoppers
so that you have no vibrations on the case. I have several of these
boxes and the disks run at least 10C cooler compared to a hot-swap
system. And they sell for less than 25$.

best regards
---
Michael Schumacher