[CentOS] how to show only quota limit to users via SSH?

Wed Feb 24 08:25:32 UTC 2010
Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers at gmail.com>

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:31 AM, Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>wrote:

> Rudi Ahlers wrote on Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:16:23 +0200:
>
> > For example, I set a soft limit of 10GB on this user, but when he logs in
> he
> > can see all the limits:
>
> These are not limits, this is a program he can run. Your question sounds
> like
> you want to show a certain result (quota) when the user logs in. But that
> doesn't seem to be what you want. What you likely want is give users a
> limited
> shell. Google for "limited shell", "restricted shell" and "jail".
>
> Kai
>
> --
> Get your web at Conactive Internet Services: http://www.conactive.com

Hi Kai,

I know what the limits are, and that the program he runs is not related to
the limits.

Let me re-phrase :)

Is it possible, with CentOS (or Linux), to allow a user to only see his file
quotas (user quotas) when he logs in via SSH, instead of the whole server's
disk space?

i.e. when the user logs in, and types df -h, I want him to see something
like this:

root at knocky:[~]$ df -h
/cpbackup              20G   15G  4.6G  77% /
root at knocky:[~]$

Is this possible?

--
Kind Regards