[CentOS] Recommended PCIe SATA/SAS Controller?

Thu Feb 25 09:50:44 UTC 2010

On 02/25/2010 12:31 AM, Christopher Chan wrote:

>> I need to purchase a PCIe SATA or SAS controller(non-raid) for a Supermicro 2U system. It should be directly bootable. Any recommendations? The system will be running CentOS 5.4 as an LTSP system. Thanks!
>>

> Anything that uses a Silicon Image 3124 chip would do.

Just want to point out that most Jmicron kit makes for an excellent
sata/sas port -> system bus; if all you need are ports to plug into.
They have been ahci compatible for a long long time ( which means, just
works in CentOS3, 4 or 5 ).

- KB