[CentOS] mutt execution by daemon

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Sat Jan 2 07:03:00 UTC 2010

>You could specify the muttrc file using the -F switch, maybe that will
>solve yer problem? Or are you saying that is what you're doing but it
>bombs? How about telling us the command/script and the error output?

I am calling mutt like so:
mutt -F /path/muttrc -a /path/file -s "text here" dest at example.com < /dev/null

But as the user does not have a mailbox, it fails. I can't actually see what's
going on obviously but as I tail the maillog and nothing even wakes it I am just
making a WASG that I am pretty sure is right:) As there is and never was local mail
delivery, root doesn't even have a mailbox so if I run it, I see it prompts for the