[CentOS] centos IDM + sogo

Geoff Galitz

geoff at galitz.org
Thu Jan 7 12:00:27 UTC 2010

Hello,

We are testing the Centos LDAP Directory Server but are running into issues
with applications (SOGo) authenticating against the LDAP system.  The crux
of my question is, can I just treat the Centos Directory Server as a generic
OpenLDAP configuration on the client side?

In more detail when I try to add account via ldapadd:

--------------------------------
ldapadd -f sogo.ldif -x -W -D cn="Directory Manager",dc=XXX,dc=de
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_bind: No such object (32)
        matched DN: dc=XXX,dc=de

It is my understanding that this means the "Directory Manager" user was not
found.  User authentication does not work from SOGo, at all.

Any pointers?

Geoff Galitz
Blankenheim NRW, Germany
http://www.galitz.org/