[CentOS] Laptop for CentOS-5

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 22:20:36 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 10:37 AM, James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca> wrote:
> I have a defective HP-Compaq nx9420 and so I am looking to replace
> it.  I have pretty much decided to buy no further MicroSoft based
> products and would very much like to hear recommendations for a
> suitable notebook host to provide me with Linux based alternative.

I have an Everex StepNote laptop that works fine with CentOS (came
with Ubuntu, but I don't like that), but I would not recommend any
Everex computers to anyone.  For one thing, the company is out of
business, so all warranties are DOA.  My laptop works fine, so far,
except that the headset plug for earphones (and, hence, extension
speakers) does not work.  I'm not in a financial position to get it
repaired, so I have a fine, multimedia capable laptop with a crappy,
mono speaker that sounds like most laptop speakers - tinny and crappy.

Aside from that,....

mhr