[CentOS] SAN help

Per Qvindesland per at norhex.com
Fri Jan 8 10:42:40 UTC 2010

For sure no problems, I see this about everyday, the major reason is
that the rh driver is not certified for use with Dell,HP or IBM for
that matter, if we get a support request where I work and the RH
driver is used for the qlogic card then customer must install the
certified driver from the vendor, this has a lot to do with
compabillity with the bios etc, I am not saying that the RH driver is
bad it is just unsupported by most vendors.

At Fredag, 08-01-2010 on 11:06 "Alexander Dalloz"  wrote:

> Hi
> Not sure if you have done this already but install multipath as the
> sees multiple presented luns which needs to be tied up to one by
> multipath also do not use the rh drivers for you qlogic it's not
> recommended at all for any storage solutions.
> Per

Dear Per,

can you please elaborate why the QLogic kernel module shipping with
5 / RHEL 5 is not recommended? It for sure is documented to be used at
least in the NetApp host utilities guide, without any warning to
the driver package provided on the QLogic site. And I do not see any
problem using it with CentOS / RHEL 5 device-mapper-multipath on a lot

CentOS mailing list
CentOS at centos.org