[CentOS] 8-15 TB storage: any recommendations?

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Sat Jan 9 01:09:02 UTC 2010

JohnS wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 16:08 -0800, nate wrote:
>> JohnS wrote:
>> > Currently using the older model of this one [1] @ 4GB/s on the fiber.
>> You sound pretty confused, there's no way in hell a Fujitsu DX440
>> is going to sustain 4 gigabytes/second, maybe 4 Gigabits/second
>> (~500MB/s)
> G Bits per second

Using 15K RPM drives I can tell you that a 3PAR T400(very well
versed in their products, fast easy to use) can do 25.6 Gbits/second
(3.2 gigabytes/second) sustained throughput. 640 drives, 48GB data

If you were starting out at such a level I'm certain they would
suggest you go with a T800 chassis which would allow you to double
that performance. The T400 and T800 are identical with the exception
of the backplane(~10GBytes/sec vs ~46GBytes/sec), the number of
controllers(max of 4 vs max of 8), and the number of disks(640 vs

Took a while to find a publically available version of this but
see page 8 of this pdf: