[CentOS] Laptop for CentOS-5

Chris W Tucker cwtucker at ironcomm.com
Sat Jan 9 17:06:09 UTC 2010

> Assuming you wanted an answer... For one thing the powerbooks got 'close
> lid, sleep, open lid wake up, grab a fresh network connection and
> continue' right about a decade ago and the odds of that working with any
> PC hardware/OS combination even today are pretty dismal and it makes a
> laptop nearly useless if you can't just open it in a new location and
> click the next link on a page within a few seconds.
>
> --
>   Les Mikesell
>    lesmikesell at gmail.com

It is personal preference. I have a Macbook Pro running Fedora 12 just
fine. It does go to sleep and wake up and reconnect with ZERO issues.

I also have a Macbook Pro running CentOS just fine as well. However Fedora
is a lot farther ahead driver wise and application wise. It also took
longer to configure CentOS to a good state.

Chris