[CentOS] Laptop for CentOS-5

Chris W Tucker cwtucker at ironcomm.com
Sat Jan 9 20:30:37 UTC 2010

>> So what you are essentially saying is any OS that you install on any
>> machine, that you have to add drivers to, is not running that OS??
>
> Not in the sense that you can say the OS 'works' on the hardware in question.
> You might say you can make it work if you add/replace parts.

Ok, I will say this is totally subjective. I will conclude by saying that
my Macbook pro is running CentOS 5.4 just fine, with no hardware removal
or replacement :)  I have an older Toshiba satellite used just for a
file server, and it has 5.3 on it. To me, and employees, they work just
fine. Almost any OS, M$ Windows included, has needed drivers at some
point.
Cheers,
Chris