[CentOS] Raising ftp priority?

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 14:55:11 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 4:04 AM, hadi motamedi <motamedi24 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All
> I need to ftp all of the files & folders of CentOS 5 server through WS_FTP .
> But it just lets for /home/www user login , but not root user . As I want to
> see and have all of  files , can you please let me know how can I raise the
> ftp priority such that WS_FTP can login as root user .
> Thank you

Aside from the other points that have been or will be made in this
thread, you might consider this:

Not all files on a centos system are actually files. For instance if
you try to ftp/scp the '/' dir, you will undoubtedly encounter /dev,
/sys, and /proc. Any of which would cause your ftp session to run
forever or until you filled the machine on the other end, because the
files located within these directories are not really files, but
operations and data sources (hard drives, random data, constant
streams of data, etc). You really need to re-think and better explain
what it is that you're trying to do.

George Orwell