[CentOS] Laptop for CentOS-5

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Sun Jan 10 18:26:06 UTC 2010

> but they still only have one mouse button, making them a PITA for
> anything other than OS X.

On Fedora 12 you have the middle and right button with the trackpad
(with resp two and three fingers, along with two fingers scrolling
etc.). It works very well.
Even before I regularly used Linux on Macs (used to be PPC) and I had
keyboard shortcuts to simulate clicks (which is what Mac OS users had
to do as well)

On CentOS this is indeed the biggest problem.
(I did not succeed in simulating the buttons as I used to do on
Fedora! any hints/ideas would be welcome...).
This is probably a showstopper if you want only CentOS (as I said
previously I combine it with Fedora 12) and are not often in a
situation where you can use an USB mouse.