[CentOS] 8-15 TB storage: any recommendations?

Per Qvindesland per at norhex.com
Tue Jan 12 11:15:49 UTC 2010

Hi

Appologies I have not been following the thread here so am just
wondering if you have a MSA, EVA, XP left hand san or if this is just
storage that sits on the server with samba share? also what link is
between fc or ethernet.

Regards
Per Qvindesland

At Tisdag, 12-01-2010 on 11:57 "Chan Chung Hang Christopher"  wrote:

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 12/01/10 00:02, Christopher Chan wrote:
>>> problems mostly centered around management and performance issues.
the
>>> world is littered with stores of cciss fail
>> Really? Man, I have been given this spanking new HP DL370 G6 and
running
>> Centos 5.4 on it...
>
> I've got a couple of DL380's at one setup and another 12 DL360's at
> another place. We have had enough problems with interfaces that all
the
> machines are now running off remote-storage. Our storage incident
rate
> has gone from 1/day average to under 2/month since then.
>
> all of these machines are G4 and G5's running CentOS-5/x86_64

Eeek! That thing will be hosting the school's vle. Looks like I better

memorize the after hours password for HP support.

What problems did you have? Do they occur mostly when the boxes are
under high I/O load?

This is really new to me as I had no problems with a DL360 G3 box that

ran Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000 with regards to disk problems in my

previous job.