[CentOS] 8-15 TB storage: any recommendations?

Per Qvindesland per at norhex.com
Tue Jan 12 11:15:49 UTC 2010

Appologies I have not been following the thread here so am just
wondering if you have a MSA, EVA, XP left hand san or if this is just
storage that sits on the server with samba share? also what link is
between fc or ethernet.

Per Qvindesland

At Tisdag, 12-01-2010 on 11:57 "Chan Chung Hang Christopher"  wrote:

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 12/01/10 00:02, Christopher Chan wrote:
>>> problems mostly centered around management and performance issues.
>>> world is littered with stores of cciss fail
>> Really? Man, I have been given this spanking new HP DL370 G6 and
>> Centos 5.4 on it...
> I've got a couple of DL380's at one setup and another 12 DL360's at
> another place. We have had enough problems with interfaces that all
> machines are now running off remote-storage. Our storage incident
> has gone from 1/day average to under 2/month since then.
> all of these machines are G4 and G5's running CentOS-5/x86_64

Eeek! That thing will be hosting the school's vle. Looks like I better

memorize the after hours password for HP support.

What problems did you have? Do they occur mostly when the boxes are
under high I/O load?

This is really new to me as I had no problems with a DL360 G3 box that

ran Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000 with regards to disk problems in my

previous job.
CentOS mailing list
CentOS at centos.org