[CentOS] 8-15 TB storage: any recommendations?

Drew drew.kay at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 22:27:31 UTC 2010

>> ...that said, it's not much worse than the competetion, storage simply
>> sucks ;-(
>
> So you are saying people dole out huge amounts of money for rubbish?
> That the software raid people were and have always been right?

Depends what the software raid people were saying. :)

Hardware & Software RAID have their places. We use HW RAID exclusively
in our shop (SMB w/ multiple sites and I'm the sole tech.) but that's
because I can't always be on-site when drives die so it's nice to know
I can be out of town for a few days and if a drive packs it in the
RAID system in our IBM servers is plug & play. I get the alert, call
our vendor, and he shows up 9am next morning with a replacement drive.

--
Drew

--Marie Curie