[CentOS] Vmware server 1.x

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 23:58:42 UTC 2010

On 1/12/2010 5:48 PM, mattias wrote:
> And if you not have a answer not write
> And to answer yes i have a question
> My vpses are stored on a ntfs partition
> I can mount it and so
> But on vmware 1.x i can't boot them
> But on vmware server 2.x i can boot just fine

Running from an ntfs partition isn't something I've tried (or want to
try...), but I don't see why that would matter as long as the user
running the server program has execute permission.  There are some
different file formats for the .vmx images and 1.x probably can't handle
all of the ones 2.x can use.  Do you get some kind of error message or
output in the log file?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com