[CentOS] Backup server

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 13:49:11 UTC 2010

Sorin Srbu wrote:
> [...]

Between compression and pooling, I get about 10x the raw data being archived
with backuppc - it beats juggling tapes and you can let the users access the
backups of their own machine through a web interface.  There are some down sides
to plan around though: the compression takes some CPU and is slower than a stock
rsync run, and the pooling is done with hardlinks which forces the archive to be
on a single filesystem and makes it hard to duplicate for offsite copies.
There's an RPM in epel that is easy to install on Centos.

   Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com