[CentOS] I can't start the SVN server at the boot on CentOS

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 18:07:36 UTC 2010

On 1/13/2010 12:41 AM, Anas Alnaffar wrote:

> From: Anas Alnaffar<a.alnaffar at tijaritelecom.com>
>> I have just installed an SVN
>> server on a CentOS 5.4 machine.
>> how I can start the SVN server
>> automatically at the boot of the machine.
>
> How did you install it... from rpm? source?
>
>> From rpm
>

> Using builtin auth or ssh?
>
> Builtin
>

> What does the documentation say?
> Nothing about it
>
> Does it provide an init.rd script?
> NO
>

> If so, check 'chkconfig'
> No

Unless you already know what you are doing and have some reason to
prefer the standalone svn server, I'd recommend using http: access
instead.  Install mod_dav_svn if you don't already have it, edit the
repository and authentication locations into
/etc/httpd.d/subversion.conf and restart httpd.  Also, you might want to
consider using a more current version than Centos includes (rpmforge has
one) and perhaps installing viewvc for a nicer web browser view of the
repository.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com