[CentOS] Bonding modes

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Wed Jan 13 23:18:07 UTC 2010

Paras pradhan wrote:
> Nate,
>
> Thanks for you input. 802.3ad seems better but I am not in a position to
> terminate both links in the same switch or same stack. What about mode 6?

I have a NFS cluster running mode 6 with two systems, it works ok,
been running for a bit over a year now. Each system has 4 NICs, and
4 IPs(load balancing done mostly via round robin DNS).

The systems run CentOS 4.x, they are basically appliances everything
comes pre-configured by the vendor.

So I can say it can work, and does work when properly configured,
though I would not use it myself. The vendor has since moved away
from this and is going with 802.3ad for better standards compliance.

nate