[CentOS] more kickstart - saving %pre decisions for %post

John Doe jdmls at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 14 10:28:41 UTC 2010

From: Alan McKay <alan.mckay at gmail.com>
> > I thought of that but I don't want to mess up what I already have
> > working with manipulating files in /etc
> > But at least I can try it to see if this much works
>
> It did mess up all my /etc work, and did not work anyway

I was talking about tmp...
Not sure what the ks does with etc...

> > > Or maybe, if it exists, use the ramdisk (/dev/shm)...
> > Will try that as well depending on results from above
> I just realised this means using /tmp, right?  Which is what I tried
> first that did not work.

No, it would be 'tmpfs' I guess.
But I checked and I did not see it.
I have this on my keys... and it works...

%post --nochroot --interpreter /usr/bin/bash
cp /tmp/ks_pre.log /mnt/sysimage/root/
cp /tmp/misc/ks_post.sh /mnt/sysimage/tmp/ks_post.sh

Then, I got a shell in the chrooted environement and could find
/root/ks_pre.log
/tmp/ks_post.sh

So it works for me...

JD