[CentOS] 8-15 TB storage: any recommendations?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jan 14 20:07:43 UTC 2010

On 01/12/2010 10:43 AM, John Doe wrote:
> On the other hand, here, we have around 30 HP servers.
> Some DL360/380/180 G5/G6 with CentOS 4/5 and,
> in 2 years, only 3 drives failed...  That's it; no other problems...

Drives is hardly the issue - most of them are going to be seagate anyway.

My main issue with that kit is that the linux drivers are very basic,
lack most management capabilities and fail often with obscure issues.
And, as Peter pointed out already, they are not really exposing a proper
scsi interface, but modeled around a really old ata stack.

- KB