[CentOS] Get Me Outta Here! Web site security issue

Sun Jan 17 14:10:40 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 3:18 PM, Slack-Moehrle
<mailinglists at mailnewsrss.com> wrote:
> I have a CentOS 5.4 web server. I have some stuff that runs on 443.
> When I hit https://<the site>
> The user gets a warning saying that site identity could not be verified and the user can add an exception if they want.
> How do I stop this from happing? Do I need to buy an SSL cert? Aren't these really expensive per server and I have 5 servers I would need to do this too.

You can get a RapidSSL certificate (single root which is easier to
install) from Namecheap for $10.95 a year.
http://www.namecheap.com/learn/other-services/cheap-ssl-certificate-rapidssl.asp

Or, you can get a free SSL certificate, with Intermediate
certificates, which are a little harder to install, from StartSSL.
I got one of those.
http://www.startssl.com/

Each site needs an SSL certificate and a Dedicated IP address.