[CentOS] changing openoffice defaults

John Doe jdmls at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 18 13:56:41 UTC 2010

From: Janez Kosmrlj <postnalista at googlemail.com>
>I did consider that, but if you have about 1000 machines distributed in 4 countries, then this is not really an option.
>I am trying to find a way, that can be packaged to an rpm package.

If I use the menu, I get in my ~/.openoffice.org2.0/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Paths.xcu:
  <value>file:///opt</value>
Notice the 'file://'...
The global setting for me is in:
  /usr/lib/openoffice.org/share/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Paths.xcu
But the global setting is useless for existing users (who already have local settings)...

JD