[CentOS] mysql Workbench

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 06:15:33 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 10:29 +0530, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Thanks for a flurry of replies.
>
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 4:01 AM, Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com> wrote:
> > JohnS wrote on Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:40:31 -0500:
> >
> >> Of which they will work on el5 with the compat gcc for older software
> >> compatability.
> >
> > And why would you want to use these? They are *old*.
> > I don't know what ther OP actually wants (he didn't post more and he
> > didn't ask for a newer version), but if all he really wants is run newer
> > MySQL, there are quite a few RH/C5 RPMs available, of 5.0.x and of 5.1.x
> > versions. Just google.
>
> our friend google inundates me with so much information that it was
> difficult for me to weed out except the official site it pointed out
> to.
>
> My requirement is simple: I want to install few instances of mysql
> Workbench as successor to other GUI tools for developers whom shall we
> call hmmm... "PHD" (replacing the boss with developer in the PHB).
>
> and yum has spoiled me to the extent of, what can I say..., "yumaholic"?.. :)
>
> an so this burning desire to find _any_ repository which will help put
> out the fire of requirements :)
>
> Thanks again for all the replies
>
> Regards,
>
> Rajagopal
----
This may be some help and maybe not, but there is a guy on this list
that I know infact has Updates to the latest MySQL RPMs..  Sad thing is
I can not remember his  repo link or if he even had the mysql workbench
in it.

Maybe someone can Pass on the needed info for his Name and Link to you?
Maybe he could answer this thread.

John