[CentOS] routing multiple network cards on a single subnet

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Wed Jan 20 17:31:55 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 10:27 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:

> My problem is that I can only access one IP address at a time.  I
> started out using dhcp and found that if I went through the dhcp
> song-and-dance then that address became active and the other one was
> disabled, and vice versa.

I'm starting to wonder if the simplest solution to this is to punt.

If I put a $40 router between eth2 and the big scary world, then eth2
could become 192.168.whatever.whatever, and then this routing issue
would go away on its own and it could still talk to the outside world
(and vice versa) on its IP address from Access.

I assume, based on the fact that I have never encountered this before on
machines with multiple ethernet cards that were on different subnets.

Or would this still not work as it should?