[CentOS] routing multiple network cards on a single subnet

fabien faye fabien at faye.eu
Wed Jan 20 18:59:15 UTC 2010

Frank,

I think the best way is to create bonding on eth1-eth2 and create an alias on this bond interface.
If you need to use the two interfaces in same time, you can use round robin parameter on the bonding interface.

If you need help on bonding you can use this howto : http://www.generationip.com/documentation/system-documentation/65-bonding-or-teaming-for-redhat-server

RHCE
Fabien FAYE
www.generationip.com

> I'm starting to wonder if the simplest solution to this is to punt.
>
> If I put a $40 router between eth2 and the big scary world,
> then eth2 could become 192.168.whatever.whatever, and then
> this routing issue would go away on its own and it could
> still talk to the outside world (and vice versa) on its IP
> address from Access.
>
> I assume, based on the fact that I have never encountered
> this before on machines with multiple ethernet cards that
> were on different subnets.
>
> Or would this still not work as it should?
> --

Frank,

i know this has been addressed on the list a few times recently yet i dont
know if that will give you a solution.

ummm, why do the two different networks need an IP on the same subnet ?

can you just bond and bridge and have the same ip on both or ???

is this a redundancy thing?

 - rh