[CentOS] Centos 5.2 mysql build

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 15:42:14 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Rajagopal Swaminathan
<raju.rajsand at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
> I wanted to enable blackhole  and CSV engine in the mysql server
> so downloaded the SRPM from Centos Site, setup the rpmbuild envronment
> with mighty help from the our own Russ's Owlriver website and tried
> building it. I have a 5.2 centos box on which I need to enable this so
> took the 5.2 SRPM (mysql-5.0.45-7.el5.src.rpm) from
> vault.centos.org.(mysql

The options you are after are enabled in the IUS Community repository
http://iuscommunity.org/ .
You should simply be able to add this repository, then install the
packages you want.

On a side note, you should really look at updating the system to 5.4,
especially if it touches the internet. There are a couple packages in
5.2 that had some nasty exploits released. For example, udev has a
local root exploit ->
https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2009-0427.html, as well as some
kernel issues, and other nastiness.

George Orwell