[CentOS] Too much cpu wait on nfs server when we need to read data on it

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 13:27:41 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 8:39 AM, fabien faye <fabien at faye.eu> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a big server with 24 Disk on 2 3ware card.

Define 'big'. You're not giving much in terms of memory or cpu specs.

> When i write data on my nfs server everything is fine but when i want to read data i have a lot of cpu wait.

Okay. Have you looked at any performance tuning or elevator/scheduler
adjustments? File system tuning? What have you tried on your own so
far to debug this?

> about the file system, i use ext4 on LVM partition.

Why? Is there a performance reason for you to use ext4 vs ext3?

> Do you have any idea about that.

Not based on the little information you've provided. It would help for
you to supply more detail, and the things you've already looked at.

George Orwell