[CentOS] The directory that I am trying to clean up is huge

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 18:15:27 UTC 2010

On 1/26/2010 11:42 AM, James B. Byrne wrote:
> On Mon, January 25, 2010 13:40, Les Mikesell wrote:
> .
>> I'd say it is more likely that the command that resulted in an error
>> wasn't exactly what was posted or there is a filesystem problem.
> I do not consider a file system issue, as in error or corruption,
> highly probable in this case.  It might be, however, that something
> returned by the find caused rm itself to choke.

Causing one instance of the per-file rm invocations to choke shouldn't
bother the rest.  And while file system corruption isn't likely, it is
still a possible cause of generally-strange behavior.  The most probable
thing still seems like there was an unquoted * on the line that was
actually typed when the error was reported.

   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com