[CentOS] Centos/Linux Disk Caching, might be OT in some ways

Noob Centos Admin centos.admin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 09:11:01 UTC 2010

Hi,

>>> I believe the OP said he was running postgresql.
>>>

>> Quoted from OPs previous mail hes not sure lol....
>>
>> """The web application is written in PHP and runs off MySQL and/or
>> Postgresql."""
>
> Ah, well #1 on his list then is to figure out what he is running!

LOL, I know it sounds quite noobish, coming across like I've no idea
what DBMS it is running on. The system currently runs on MySQL but
part of my update requirement was to decouple the DBMS so that we can
make an eventual switch to postgresql.

Hence the solution cannot be dependent on some specific MySQL functionality.