[CentOS] Installing an SSL Cert

KJS lists at netzensolutions.com
Wed Jan 27 11:31:34 UTC 2010

On 27/01/2010 09:55, John Doe wrote:

>> I am considering buying this:
>> http://www.godaddy.com/Compare/gdcompare_ssl.aspx?isc=sslqgo003a
>> Since I have a domain that will be collecting data and processing payments.
>> Where can I find instructions on how to install the certificate?
>> Do I have to run another domain or sub domain for the store? Or can I just run
>> the whole domain on https?
>>
> FYI, if you get a normal certificate, you can only secure one fqdn.
> If you need to secure more, you need a wildcard certificate.

It is still going to be cheaper to buy a couple of normal certs for each
one of your fqdn's than buying a wildcard cert (in most cases). I think
godaddy.com are cheap for SSL certs.

Most places you buy certs from will have instructions on how to install
and and configure Apache for SSL certs, I know godaddy does
http://help.godaddy.com/topic/742/article/5238 and has more instructions
when you run through the cert wizard. Make sure you have mod_ssl
installed and setup your vhost entry for 443 google will help you with
this if you don't know how.

HTH

--
Netzen Solutions Ltd
IT Support&  Outsourcing, Bristol, London&  Bath UK