[CentOS] NFS vs SMb vs iSCSI for remote backup mounts

Rudi Ahlers rudiahlers at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 12:14:04 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Rajagopal Swaminathan <
raju.rajsand at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at softdux.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > NOW, the question is: Which protocol would be best for this? I can only
> > think of SMB, NFS & iSCSI
>

> Just an innocent and possibly OOB suggestion  -- what you think of sshfs
>
> Regards
>
> Rajagopal

heh, I knew I should have mentioned it, but due to the extra kernel modules
that it needs, it's a bit impractical for our XEN domU's.

BUT, I also don't know what kind of performance gain it would give me, if
any. Any experience with it?

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers