[CentOS] NFS vs SMb vs iSCSI for remote backup mounts

Rudi Ahlers rudiahlers at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 21:01:38 UTC 2010

Anytime someone mentions backups, I have a knee-jerk reaction to mention
> backuppc because it is simple and will likely do anything you need.  Docs
> are
> here: http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/ It is packaged in epel.  It can use
> rsync
>  (with/without ssh), smb, or tar for the backup transport.  Generally for
> anything remote, you'll want rsync, and you'll want it badly enough to set
> it up
> even on windows targets - which is not all that difficult.
>
> --
>   Les Mikesell
>    lesmikesell at gmail.com

Thank you Les, but I'm not looking for a new backup program. We rely on the
platform's native backup scripts. I'm looking for recommendation for a fast,
reliable & secure remote backup server platform

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com